Send Data to a Google Sheet
Create a product automation and push data to your sheet
In this article, we show you how to automatically send funnel event data to a Google sheet. It's a two-step process:
- create an automation
- customize the product
To complete these steps, you must first connect the Funnelish app to your Google account. We showed you how to do that in a different article.
- 1.Log in to your Funnelish account.
- 2.Open a funnel.
- 3.Click the step which has your product or products.
- 4.Click one product. A side panel opens.
- 5.Scroll down to the bottom and click the Create new automation button.
You can add Google integration to an existing automation or create a new one. In this example, we create a new automation.
Create an automation
In the next window:
- 1.Choose the event that you want to track on your Google sheet with a new row. In this example, we select On purchase.
- 2.Click Save changes.
On the next window:
- 1.Click Google Sheets.
- 2.Click the Action field and select Add new row.
- 3.Click the Spreadsheet field and select a file name.
- 4.Click the Sheet field and select the correct sheet name.
Now it’s time to map data. That means you create a digital link between data fields on your funnel and data columns on your Google sheet.
To map data:
- 1.Click the Add field mapping link.
2. Click the box on the left. A drop-down menu displays.
The drop-down menu shows the labels of data fields in the funnel. If you want to add any of this information to your Google sheet, add column names that match up with the labels.
3. Click a label in the drop-down menu. In this example, we select Email.
4. Click the box on the right side.
5. Choose the column that collects this data. In this example, we select Email.
- 1.Click the Add field mapping link and repeat the steps for each type of data you want to save on the Google sheet.
- 2.To save time, click the Auto-match fields button. (optional)
- 3.Review each data set line by line to confirm the mapping is correct. If something doesn't look right, click a box and change the mapping.
4. Click Save changes on this page.
5. Click Save changes on the next page.
To add a UTM tag or metadata, scroll down to the bottom of the drop-down menu and select an option.
There are five UTM tag options (UTM Source, Medium, Campaign, Content, and Term) and four metadata options (fbp, referrer, session_id, and user_agent).
Now you’re done.
Funnelish will not replace data on your sheet, only append it.