Send Data to a Google Sheet
Create a product automation and push data to your sheet
In this article, we show you how to automatically send funnel event data to a Google sheet. It's a two-step process:
- create an automation
- customize the product
- 1.Log in to your Funnelish account.
- 2.Open a funnel.
- 3.Click the step which has your product or products.
- 4.Click one product. A side panel opens.
- 5.Scroll down to the bottom and click the Create new automation button.
Create an automation
In the next window:
- 1.Choose the event that you want to track on your Google sheet with a new row. In this example, we select On purchase.
- 2.Click Save changes.
On the next window:
- 1.Click Google Sheets.
- 2.Click the Action field and select Add new row.
- 3.Click the Spreadsheet field and select a file name.
- 4.Click the Sheet field and select the correct sheet name.
Now it’s time to map data. That means you create a digital link between data fields on your funnel and data columns on your Google sheet.
To map data:
- 1.Click the Add field mapping link.
2. Click the box on the left. A drop-down menu displays.
3. Click a label in the drop-down menu. In this example, we select Email.
4. Click the box on the right side.
5. Choose the column that collects this data. In this example, we select Email.
- 1.Click the Add field mapping link and repeat the steps for each type of data you want to save on the Google sheet.
- 2.To save time, click the Auto-match fields button. (optional)
- 3.Review each data set line by line to confirm the mapping is correct. If something doesn't look right, click a box and change the mapping.
4. Click Save changes on this page.
5. Click Save changes on the next page.
To add a UTM tag or metadata, scroll down to the bottom of the drop-down menu and select an option.
There are five UTM tag options (UTM Source, Medium, Campaign, Content, and Term) and four metadata options (fbp, referrer, session_id, and user_agent).
Now you’re done.