Funnel popups can capture users who signal an intent to leave your e-commerce site without hitting any of your on-page conversion objectives.
Note You can use the same popup on multiple funnel steps. Any changes you make to the original popup appear in every instance.
- 1.Open a funnel step.
- 2.Click the Edit page button.
- 3.Go to the top left corner of the page.
- 4.Click the Popups icon.
5. Click the New popup button. A new panel displays.
6. Enter a unique name. Funnelish automatically creates the path.
Enter a unique name for the popup
7. Click the Create popup button.
- Funnelish displays a default popup window and opens the settings panel.
To view and edit an existing popup:
- 1.Open a funnel step.
- 2.Click the Popup icon in the top left corner. A list of popup names displays.
- 3.Click a name to open the popup on the canvas.
- 4.Click the ellipsis to open a menu and select an option (Edit, Duplicate, or Delete).
Opening a list of popups
It's not possible to change the name of a popup. If you want to reuse an existing popup and give it a different name, use the Duplicate tool.
- 1.Click the ellipsis.
- 2.Select Duplicate.
- 3.Enter a new name.
- 4.Click the Duplicate popup button.
Clone a popup
You can customize the appearance of a popup. Appearance includes the design and content. All the standard design tools are here, including text, colors, borders, margins, and padding.
Add content to a popup by inserting rows and containers and then dragging widgets (e.g. Headline and Paragraph) to the popup canvas. If you want to collect email addresses, add a Form element widget.
To customize appearance:
- 1.Select a popup. The Properties panel displays.
- 2.Set the width. The default setting is Medium.
- 3.Add text.
- 4.Add a form. (optional)
- 5.Add a CTA button. (optional)
- 6.Add design elements.
- 7.Click Save changes.
- 8.Go on to the next step and customize popup action.
Action controls how the popup behaves in relation to user intent on the funnel step. To customize popup action, open the popup Page Properties panel.
- 1.Click the Popup Properties icon.
- 2.Click the ellipsis.
- 3.Select Page properties. A new panel displays.
4. Click the field below Page popup.
5. Click the popup you want to edit. A new panel displays.
Select a popup
At the top of the new panel, choose one action for this popup.
- Available only on desktops, the popup automatically displays when the customer intends to navigate away from the funnel step.
- Show the popup after the visitor scrolls down a percentage of the funnel step. Enter a figure in the field.
Set a percentage
Visitor spends X seconds on the page
- Show the popup after a visitor spends a fixed amount of time on the page. Enter figure (number of seconds) in the field.
Display popup after a fixed period of time on page
Show after customer scrolls down then up
- This is usually the best indication of exit intent on mobile devices. Display the popup after the user scrolls a percentage of the screen. Enter percentage figures in the fields.
Display popup after user scrolls down and up
In addition to the action steps described above, you can display a popup after a user clicks an element (e.g. image, button, or link).
To display a popup after a user clicks an image or button:
- 1.Select the element (image or button).
- 2.In the left panel, select the Click action field. A popup window displays.
Select Click action
3. In the popup window, click Show popup.
4. Click the field below Show popup. A drop-down menu displays.
5. Select the popup you want to display.
6. Click Save changes.
Select a popup
7. On the next page, click Save changes.
8. Click Preview.
9. Repeat steps and edit popup as required.
Use this option to display a popup when the user clicks a text link.
- 1.Click the Popups icon.
- 2.Locate the popup you want to display.
- 3.Open Notepad (or a similar app) and type the popup path.
4. Open the canvas and click the text which will hold the hyperlink.
5. Click the Link icon.
6. Copy the popup path from Notepad (or a similar app).
7. Paste the path into the Visit URL field.
8. Click Save.
Paste popup path into the field
- 1.Click Save changes in the top right corner.
- 2.Click Preview.
- 3.Edit as required.
Popup displays on funnel step