SEPA Direct Debit
Improve the customer experience for buyers in the EU
Connect your funnel to SEPA Direct Debit, a popular bank-to-bank payment system. SEPA (Single Euro Payments Area) is available to customers in 35 participating countries in Europe, including all EU members.
SEPA Direct Debit supports recurring payments and upsells. Payment processing is handled through Stripe, which is great news for Funnelish users. Adding a SEPA Direct Debit payment method to your funnel is fast and easy if you have an active Stripe account.
After you create a gateway one time, you use it again on any number of funnels.
Make sure you:
- 1.Open a funnel step.
- 2.Click the payment form field.
- 3.In the left settings panel, click Edit payment options.
- 4.In the new panel, click Add a new payment method.
- 5.In the pop-up window, click SEPA Direct Debit.
6. Click Add New SEPA Gateway. A new window displays.
On the New gateway window:
- 1.Click the Gateway name field.
- 2.Enter a unique name. This name is for internal use. It is not visible in the funnel.
- 3.Click Connect.
4. On the next window, click the gateway that you just created. The window closes.
- 1.On the next window, confirm the default method or click a different payment method. (optional)
- 2.Click Save changes.
- 3.Click Save changes again on the next page.
The final step requires some customizations on your Stripe account.
To activate this payment method on your Stripe account:
- 1.Log in to your Stripe account.
- 2.Click the Settings gear in the top right corner.
- 3.Click Payment methods on the Product settings page.
- 4.Scroll down to Bank debits heading.
- 5.Locate SEPA Direct Debit.
- 6.Click the Turn on button.
- Stripe displays a message about webhooks. Read the terms and click Request access to enable SEPA Direct Debit.
- Stripe may ask for additional information before enabling the service, such as identity verification. Click the Provide info button and follow the steps to activate this payment method.