Shopify custom app
This article will show you how to connect your Shopify store to Funnelish using a Shopify custom app.
Now let's head to Shopify to create our custom app and get the credentials needed to connect it to Funnelish.
- 1.Go to your Shopify store and click on Apps > App and Sales channel settings.
2. Click Develop apps for your store.
3. If it's first time creating a custom app, you'll be asked to allow custom app developments first.
4. Click Create an app and give it a name, eg. "Funnelish".
Once the app is created we need to assign it certain access scopes for it to have access to your store to create orders and list products.
- 1.Click Configure Admin API scopes inside the app panel.
2. Assign the following permissions:
Once these are selected click save.
Now we are ready to install the app and connect it to Funnelish.
- 1.Click Install app.
2. You'll be given a token, click Reveal token once and then copy it.
The access token is shown only once, make sure to copy it into Funnelish. Otherwise you'll need to recreate a new custom app.
3. Also, copy the API Key and API secret key into Funnelish as well.
4. Make sure to add your store name into Funnelish as well, either as: storename or storename.myshopify.com, both formats are valid.
Once all the details are added to Funnelish, click Save Changes and your Shopify store will be connected to your Funnelish account.
If there is a problem connecting to your Shopify custom app, Funnelish will show an error popup with further details.